In the past, installers wanting a simple way to connect HDMI sources to displays over longer distances – say, 10 meters (33 feet) or more – have had limited options. Long passive copper cables are thick, heavy, and inflexible, making them difficult to pull through tight spaces. Copper cables using active electronics for signal processing reduce the bulk, but still top out at fairly short lengths. The typical solution for longer HDMI links has been a complex combination of extender boxes – requiring external power sources – and network cabling, requiring field termination – and ongoing maintenance headaches of the whole package.
Instead, Chromis patented GigaPOF® polymer optical fiber technology enables high-speed HDMI signal transmission in a plug-and-play cable at distances up to 30 meters (100 feet). Active components in the connectors perform electrical-to-optical signal conversion, drawing power from the same standard HDMI ports as copper cables – no external power connectors or HDMI extenders needed.
A simple, practical solution for ultra-high-definition A/V distribution in conference rooms, classrooms and lecture halls, churches, digital signage and many other commercial applications, our long HDMI cables provide optical performance at the price and simplicity of copper, giving the professional installer a complete connectivity solution at a lower total cost.
- Hybrid cable design with copper wire and Chromis patented monolithic GigaPOF® ribbon
- Supported Resolution: 4K/60Hz/4:2:0 or 4K/30Hz/4:4:4
- Power Consumption: less than 500 mW
- UL Listing: CMP-OF
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Cable Dimensions: 5 mm x 2.8 mm
- Video Connectors: male HDMI A-to-A
- Maximum Tensile Load: 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Minimum Bend Radius: 5 mm