We’re always looking for talented, driven people to join our team. Think you’ve got what it takes to work for Chromis Fiberoptics? Send us an email with your resume and a brief description of what makes you special, and we’ll get back to you if we feel you’re a strong fit.
VICE PRESIDENT OF PRODUCTION
Chromis Fiberoptics is a dynamic emerging growth company located in Warren, NJ focused on the commercialization of patented polymer optical fiber technology developed by its founders at Bell Laboratories. We recently closed a significant Series B equity investment with a strategic partner which we are using to complete the development of a polymer synthesis and extrusion technology platform that will allow us to customize the optical and mechanical performance characteristics of our optical fibers for myriad high-volume commodity and high-value specialty applications in markets such as consumer electronics, data center, transportation, industrial and medical. As we complete the research and development road map, we will transfer the new technologies to production and scale them to commercial volumes.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Production to manage this technology transfer and commercial scale initiative. As a key member of our management team, you will have a unique opportunity to work with accomplished, experienced and motivated staff in building the industry leader in high-bandwidth, low-attenuation polymer optical fiber technology.
The successful candidate should have strong leadership skills to plan and manage our existing polymer and optical fiber production operations and their expansion to support the company’s growth. We require a flexible and agile mind, strong work ethic, and comfort with the ambiguities and challenges of working in a technology company making the transition from development to expansion stage.
Primary responsibility is leadership of the polymer materials synthesis and fiber extrusion operation. This includes optimizing and maintaining existing manufacturing processes, and designing and implementing a program for an order of magnitude production capacity expansion.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Specialty chemical manufacturing
- Polymer synthesis and purification operations
- Optical fiber extrusion
- Plant facilities maintenance
- Transitioning R&D projects from pilot- to commercial-scale production
PhD or MS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer or Materials Science or Chemistry, Industrial Engineering, or similar technical disciplines with at least 10 years of industrial manufacturing experience.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills
- Ability to improve existing business processes and to develop new ones
- A willingness to take ownership and to be accountable
- Ability to work and communicate with colleagues in a team environment
- Willing to learn new skills and knowledge as required by the business
- Critical and analytical thinking, curiosity
- Strong attention to detail, coupled with a sense of urgency and tenacity
- Maturity, integrity and professionalism
INSIDE SALES PROFESSIONAL
Chromis Fiberoptics is looking for a full-time inside sales professional. Join our expanding team and help us continue to grow by following up and closing sales opportunities generated by our marketing activities. Work directly with our senior executives to manage the sales funnel and deliver month-after-month revenue growth. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- Can qualify inbound leads from marketing campaigns to identify product sales and reseller/dealer opportunities
- Is comfortable executing outbound prospecting techniques via account research, calling prospects
- Loves both hunting and farming new business opportunities
- Enjoys working in a small company where your input, contributions and ideas will directly impact the company’s growth and success
- Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in you.
- Recent college graduates are welcome to apply!
- Ability to consistently hit and exceed monthly goals to earn incentives for identifying qualified opportunities and closed business (base compensation plus unlimited incentive potential)
- Experience with ProAV commercial/residential custom install projects/products
- Experience using and maintaining a CRM database
- Excellent organizational, time management, and research skills
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
Perks of Working at Chromis
- Work remotely or in the office
- Paid career development and technical certifications
- Comprehensive health and dental plans starting on Day One
- Flex time schedule